Monday, January 18, 2010

Funny story

About 15 years ago I gave this family tree to my parents as a Christmas present. At the time there were only 5 grandchildren. My sister had three kids and we had two. That left three empty hearts.

Just this past summer, after a move to Wake Forest, my parents decided to have the back taken off of the frame, take the print out and have someone write in Audrey Kate and Samantha's names.

Then they had it re-framed. They commented on how there was just one empty heart. At the time they were certain it was not going to be filled in. Of course you know the ending to this story. It looks like they will be filling in the last heart and having it re-framed again. Don't you find it interesting that a print I bought 15 years ago has just enough hearts for ALL their grandchildren? Back then adoption and having 5 children was not on our radar!

We are still working on our trip details. It appears our trip home will involve planes, trains and automobiles. We are taking a train from Guangzhou to Hong Kong on the way home. We will spend one night in Hong Kong then fly to Newark and then home.

I was able to talk with my pediatrician today. She said by the terms they have listed he needs a surgery soon. She didn't want me to wait until we get home to get started. She has me calling the pediatric surgeon tomorrow to line up his first appointment.

Thank you for continued prayers for his health.

I would like to post some pictures of all you praying people. We have a picture of a Sunday School class of one of my neighbors I will be posting tomorrow. Please email me your picture and I will include it. www.home4ever.smith@gmail.com

Blessings to you!

If you click on the picture you can see the one empty heart.

1 comment:

  1. God is good and He will be with you as you go on your journey to pick up your son. Our prayers and thoughts will continue to be with you. Your blog made me cry yesterday....you have such a compassionate heart. Adam is so blessed to be part of your family. Much Love, Marta

    ReplyDelete