Monday, January 11, 2010

I Belong


Yesterday I was listening to a song on my ipod. It is called "I Belong" by Kathryn Scott. Here are the lyrics.

Not angels, nor demons, no power on earth or heaven
Not distance, nor danger, no trouble now or ever

Chorus:
Nothing can take me from your great love
Forever this truth remains
I belong, I belong to you, I belong, I belong to you

Not hardship, nor hunger, no pain or depth of sorrow
Not weakness, nor failure, no broken dream or promise


Yes we are God's. We belong to Him, everyone of us, whether we acknowledge it or not. Adam belongs to God. Even after we adopt him he will still be God's first. All of our kids are God's first. We pray for their protection from harm both spiritual and physical. When they are sick we pray for healing. When they recover we praise God for healing. If they don't recover we are still supposed to praise God. The ways of God are a mystery to us but his word is clear.

James 1:2

Consider it pure joy my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete not lacking anything.

1 Thessalonians 16-18

Be joyful always: pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

So we are thankful for the trial.

I would not have chosen this path for Adam or for us. If it was up to us we would be in China right now. If things had gone the way we wanted them to we would have missed out on the power of prayer healing Adam. It has been a blessing to have you all join us in praying for him. We think this is just the beginning of how God will work in his life. He is a blessing to our family already.

We are just starting to work on rescheduling our trip. I will post again later this week when I have more news.

Blessings to you!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for your words. Adam and I were just talking about the very thing you posted on. I have to say that evern though I have not met you in person the Lord is really working in you and I appreciate what you have to share. Praise the Lord for His blessings on you, your family and Adam's health. We will continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete