Sunday, February 28, 2010

Mama's Grumpy Baby

See this beautiful grumpy face. Well one week ago, the day this picture was taken, I heard giggling in the morning coming from the room Samantha shares with Adam. I was so happy that they were waking up happy. As I walked in I realized that only one of them was happy. Adam was giggling and as soon as I walked in Samantha announced loudly, "I don't like it when he laughs!!". Our conversation follows.

Mom: Samantha please don't be so negative. You don't like anything he does and right now he isn't doing anything wrong.

Samantha: Make him stop laughing.

Mom: He's not doing anything wrong. You really are going to have to find a way to be happy. You are so negative towards him. It is really frustrating me and I am sure it is frustrating Adam.

Samantha: Well that's only two people!

I am certain I could have given her a long list of people frustrated with her behavior and it still wouldn't have made a difference.

Well that was a week ago and what a difference a week can make. She ran into the kitchen Friday and announced "Mom, I love him now!" Sam does things in her own time on her own schedule. She has been so sweet to him lately, helping him get his shoes on, sharing toys, and giving him hugs. I think she realized it is fun to have another little person her age around to play with.

She still has moments of weakness when she's tired that her attitude towards him is not so great but for the past several days a change has occurred that is encouraging to all of us.

I think the two of them, eventually, will be just fine!

Blessings to you!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Sammy and Madi need to talk! They are handling their little brothers EXACTLY the same!!!

    ReplyDelete