Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

My gifts..

and treasures.

A gift is something given to you that you want but usually don't deserve. They usually come in beautiful packages. I have three of those.
A treasure is something that you have to search for. Treasures are not easy to find. They are usually hidden away and when you find them you are amazed at the wonderful gems you have found. I have two of those.

I have been blessed with gifts and treasures!


Humility before Honor

Proverbs 15:33
The fear of the Lord teaches a man (or mom) wisdom,
and humility comes before honor.

Proverbs 18:12
Before his downfall a man's(or mom's) heart is proud,
but humility comes before honor

The (or mom) part I added just for today.

Have you ever been humbled as a mom?

Who couldn't answer yes to that.

Sometimes I think the gift of motherhood is God's way of humbling us.

You can't control children.
They will say bad words, scream in the middle of a crowded store,
act up in restaurants, make a bad grade, make bad decisions, not do as they are told,
and I could go on and on.

So today and every day if any honor is due to me as a mother, it is because of the grace and strength and humbling that comes from my heavenly father.

I trust that His strength is made perfect in my weaknesses. I trust that he will hear my prayers of protection for my children. I trust that each of my children were His plan and they are all a gift or treasure from Him.

And I hope the next time I am humbled as a mom, you know the kind of humbling that brings you to your knees, I will remember that God says humility comes before honor.

Happy Mother's Day!

Blessings to you!



1 comment: