Friday, June 18, 2010

Backing up-The Graduation

The graduate...

and her family....

with C.J. and Adam...

My sister, Sarah, me and my mom

The Cousins

The proud parents


Prior to recital weekend we took one last road trip to Raleigh. The boys were released from their last exam at 12:00 noon on the 10th. We were waiting in the parking lot ready for the 3 hour trip. We had no time for traffic jams, to stop for lunch or even to go to the restroom. Everyone wore their dress clothes in the car and we had packed a cooler for lunch.

We weren't sure we would make it in time but we did. We saw our niece graduate.

Afterwards we enjoyed dinner at P.F. Chang's. Sarah was toasted by me and her dad.
I must say her Dad's toast had us all in tears.

He talked about his memory of her as a baby and the night he remembered them bonding as he fed her a bottle before bed time. And now she has one foot out the door as she heads off to college. It is so hard to let them go.

I do think going through this with Sarah is preparing me for next year
when I will let my first born go.

Happy and sad all at the same time.



<span class=

No comments:

Post a Comment