Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sweet Emily

OK friends, this is serious business.
This little girl is an orphan living in an orphanage in the Dominican Republic.
There is a family who desperately wants to adopt her.
This family are good friends of ours. They love the Dominican Republic and its people.
They have served there through missions trips.
I can't think of one good reason this little girl should not be with this family.

If you know anything about international adoption you know it is a long, frustrating process. There are laws both from the US and the adopting country that must be followed. There are Hague laws and procedures, mountains of paperwork, followed by years of waiting.

It is not for everyone.

But for those who are called by God there is no saying no. Even when it is hard, and heartbreaking. My friends have been told after more than a year of waiting that there is little chance of getting matched with this girl. Why? There are laws about adopting pre- identified children. Not to mention that this sweet girl had no chance of getting a family because no one bothered to do her paperwork. Thanks to my friend's persistence she is now getting paper ready. Yes, my friend who worked hard to see that this girl gets her paperwork ready might just have to watch her go to another family.

Sacrifice is part of serving God.

However, our hope is not in paperwork, laws, rules and procedures.

We hope in the God of miracles.

The one who is able to match this girl and this family forever in adoption.

That is what I am asking you to pray for.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13



Ni Hao Y'all


<span class=

9 comments:

  1. I am praying now for the Lord to move and His will be done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my... I will pray that they are able to bring this sweet girl home!
    Love what you had to day: "But for those who are called by God there is no saying no."
    I hope you are able to share some blessed news with us soon about this beautiful little one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for this gorgeous little one and her family! Thank you so much for this message, I feel like you and so many others are an incredible expression of the truth and blessing of international adoption.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet friend- Thank you so much for this post. It encouraged me, blessed me and made me cry! :-)

    Because you have shared our story on your blog...it will mean MORE women praying for Emily. I believe in the strong power of prayer....especially when it concerns Mommas and children! Look out...

    Much love-
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. Yes, we serve a God of miracles. Praying His perfect will for all involved. He hears and He sees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never met little Emily or your friends, but I am praying that they will be united as a family one day soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your words are about as deep as the ocean. Yes, we will pray for Emily and that she is united with this family. Have faith in HIS plan...we must:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emily is absolutely beautiful! I will continue to pray that this sweet face will be at home with Angie and JT soon! God is able and I firmly believe it!!!

    ReplyDelete