Monday, August 2, 2010

A Song


It was not so long a go my phone rang at 2:20 am. When your phone rings at that time it is never good. When I saw it was Holt International I knew it was bad news. Adam was sick and we were told not to board the plane the next day to come get him. We were devastated.

He was at the Beijing Children's Hospital with what we were told was an obstructed bowel. By the time we got off the phone, cried and prayed it was about 3:00 am. All I could think about was our Adam all alone in a hospital, No doting mom and concerned dad by his side. Just him by himself at 3 years old. It broke my heart.

The next day I heard the song playing on my blog on the radio. Here are the lyrics


Three in the morning,
And I'm still awake,
So I picked up a pen and a page,
And I started writing,
Just what I'd say,
If we were face to face,
I'd tell you just what you mean to me,
I'd tell you these simple truths,

Be strong in the Lord and,
Never give up hope,
You're going to do great things,
I already know,
God's got His hand on you so,
Don't live life in fear,
Forgive and forget,
But don't forget why you're here,
Take your time and pray,
These are the words I would say,

Last time we spoke,
You said you were hurting,
And I felt your pain in my heart,
I want to tell you,
That I keep on praying,
Love will find you where you are,
I know cause I've already been there,
So please hear these simple truths,

Be strong in the Lord and,
Never give up hope,
You're going to do great things,
I already know,
God's got His hand on you so,
Don't live life in fear,
Forgive and forget,
But don't forget why you're here,
Take your time and pray,
These are the words I would say,

From one simple life to another,
I will say,
Come find peace in the Father,

Be strong in the Lord and,
Never give up hope,
You're going to do great things,
I already know,
God's got His hand on you so,
Don't live life in fear,
Forgive and forget,
But don't forget why you're here,
Take your time and pray,
Thank God for each day,
His love will find a way,
These are the words I would say


So seven months later my Adam is going back to the hospital. I would tell him the same things. Be strong in the Lord, never give up hope, you're going to do great things I already know. This time I can tell him face to face.

This time he won't spend one minute of time without his doting mom and concerned dad.

We can only thank and praise God for that.

Leaving in the morning.





<span class=

6 comments:

  1. Jennifer and Greg: I will be thinking of you both and Adam and praying for Adam's speedy recovery from surgery.
    Thoughts and prayers,
    Allison (from China travel group)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank heavens you'll be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what amazing lyrics. haven't heard this song before, but reading these words touched my heart and made me teary. so thankful that you can both be with Adam during his big surgery -- and all the days after.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're praying for you guys! Go, Adam, go!!! The Murphy's love you buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you - Praying for Adam!

    Love you-

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be praying for Adam to make a speedy recovery! Please call me if you need ANYTHING at all!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete