Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sunday- Day 5 (I think)

Home Sweet Home... for now

Things get a little crazy when dad is here.

Yes, those are streamers for the rock'n party they were going to have.


AK keeping our whiteboard looking good.

Sorry for the late update but we have had lots going on. Saturday we had a changing of the guards. Greg came back from Charlotte to relieve me for a night. He promised Adam a party night. He showed up with streamers, Thomas Tank party plates, and a couple of other surprises. Adam was so happy. He kept thanking Greg over and over for the streamers and party plates. It brought tears to our eyes that this boy who has been flat on his back since last Wednesday was so thankful for even the littlest things.

I don't know how he has remained so sweet with all he has gone through in his life. He has truly been blessed with a gentle spirit. We have been blessed to call him our son!

As I left Saturday Greg was putting streamers up in the room. I got to spend the night with AK and Sam at my parents house. I took the girls to the pool and out to dinner. It was nice to see them too.

Today has been busy also. Greg's parents came for a visit. They arrived about the same time as Uncle Jimmy , Aunt Michele and the cousins. We had a full room. Adam loved it. It is so nice to pass the time with visitors. As I type the girls, and Adam are watching a movie together, Greg has left to head home to the big boys, and my parents will be arriving soon to get the girls.

Adam continues to recover nicely. Tomorrow the doctors will begin to sit him up. This will go slowly raising the angle of his bed throughout the day. Tuesday morning they will try to get him to his feet. Tuesday has also been mentioned as a possible release date. That will be exactly 7 days since surgery. I hope and pray we can go home. It is hard having our family in three different places. I will be happy to have my family back together again.

He does have an infection from the catheter. He is getting treatment for this and should not delay things. He is such a great patient. We told him to lay still and not to try to sit up and that is exactly what he has done. He is so good.

We are praising God today for all the answered prayers and for all of you who prayed for him.


Ni Hao Y'all




<span class=

6 comments:

  1. COME HOME SOON ADAM!

    Continued prayers for you all -

    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I hope he is all better and home SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying that Tuesday will be the day!!! Hospitals are just no fun, but how great to have a party :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It won't be long now...TUESDAY!! Yeah! Love you:)

    This post brought tears to my eyes! His sweet spirit is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! What a special little guy. Our son just had surgery on Wednesday (a bone graft), but he was only in the hospital for one night and I even actually had a pretty comfortable "bed". Praying for healing for Adam (we also have an Adam), and that he would be home soon!

    Blessings,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a brave little guy you have. We'll keep him and your family in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete