Friday, August 6, 2010

Two Days Down



2 Corinthians 12:9-10

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


We have survived two full days in the hospital now. I have to say that other than a couple of rough patches things are going fairly well. Adam seems to be in some pain and that is just hard to see. They are able to control it with the heavy duty pain killers but they have tried a couple of time to see how he does with something less potent. I guess for now we will stay with strong stuff.

When he is not in pain he is talkative and playful. Mostly he is just watching TV. It is hard to do anything else when you are flat on your back.

Adam started running a fever yesterday. This is concerning because of the risk of infection. I hope today it will be back to normal. We also had a little incident with the IV. The connection popped off and he started bleeding everywhere. Unfortunately we had to change his clothes and his bed pads. He was not happy since it hurts so bad to move him around.

Well we are just starting Day Three. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Adam is so excited because he is having his first visitors today. His sisters and grandparents are coming this morning.

He just asked me if he could have McDonald's. I think he is feeling better! Yeah!

<span class=

4 comments:

  1. Good Morning!

    Praying for an incident free day!

    Love to you both! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continuing to pray for his healing. I love the new pic of him with Thomas. What a sweetheart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great day and enjoy your visitors! McDonald's will help make the day brighter:)
    It's FRIDAY!! You are both loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for Pain Free Day! I am glad to hear that he is doing well. One day at a time...

    ReplyDelete