Friday, September 17, 2010

Reaping What You Sow


I had the pleasure of seeing Mary Poppins with Greg and the three youngest children last Sunday. The show was fabulous! The singing and dancing were fantastic.

I am sure you know the story of Mary Poppins. It is about raising children. Keeping it fun and not so hard. The songs even speak to this." A Spoonful of Sugar" makes everything nicer whether it's cleaning up or disciplining. Parents don't work so hard. Maybe you could "Go Fly a Kite" with your children or do anything else they love to do.

I let my children know this week that I always want to be a blessing to them. I have to discipline them, it is my job. There will be a time when that is no longer needed and all I want to be is a blessing! Because eventually in my old age I will reap what I sow.

I pray I will always sow seeds of love and forgiveness not seeds of contempt!

There is a great quote form Mary Poppins, "Be careful how you handle your charges, or they just might blow up in your face"

How true!


<span class=

No comments:

Post a Comment