Monday, October 25, 2010

Cracking Under the Pressure



Sometimes I feel like I am cracking under the pressure.

The to do list is long. Really really long.

It grows a little everyday.

I am forgetful and cranky.

The fact is I have taken on too much. I tend not to see my limits.

Frankly I never thought I had limits. I have always felt like I could handle anything.

Life with five kids is enough to keep one really busy.

But I take on many projects outside of our family.

Really worthy projects, because I want to take them on.

But lately I am feeling a bit frazzled. I am not doing anything well.

So there are some life changes coming.

Otherwise I will not be the wife and mother I want to be.

I read this yesterday out of a book called "Jesus Calling"

Lie down in green pastures of peace. Learn to unwind whenever possible, resting in the
Presence of your Shepherd. This electronic age keeps My children wired much of the time, too tense to find me in the midst of their moments. I built into your very being the need for rest. How twisted the world has become when people fill guilty about meeting this basic need. How much time and energy they waste by always being on the go, rather than taking time to seek My direction for their lives.
I have called you to walk with me down paths of Peace. I want you to blaze a trail for others who desire to live in My peaceful Presence. I have chosen you less for your strengths than for your weaknesses, which amplify your need for Me. Depend on Me more and more and I will shower Peace on all your paths.

Peace and rest are on the new agenda around here.

God did plan for us to have a day of rest.

That is what is missing.

Until we are a little more balanced the blog posts will slow down.

I love to blog. I have several posts in my mind that I really want to get to.

I am just trying to keep it real. Thanks for hearing me out.

On a happy note enjoy the pictures.




C.J. kicking off in the smoke from fire works.

So sad to see number 5 side lined. He is still recovering

AK trying on Marshmallows new halter.

She's crying because we had convinced her we were not going to lease Marshmallow. We didn't know she would cry. Then we surprised her with some new equipment and yes, we leased Marshmallow.




<span class=

5 comments:

  1. AMEN. Love those words. Thought these were powerful: I have chosen you less for your strengths than for your weaknesses, which amplify your need for Me. Depend on Me more and more and I will shower Peace on all your paths. Love those words.

    Love your pictures! So sweet, what each represent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that devotion book! It always seems to really speak to me....

    I think we all are guilty of taking on too much...
    As I sit here typing this, I know I should be in bed...but, BUT, there is always one more thing I gotta do....

    Take care...and rest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely agree. I am feeling that same feeling and know that I need to get everyone back to the basics and slow life down just a bit. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jennifer, I feel you!!! I have been thinking those very things the past few weeks. I have an overwhelming need to take out anything that is not necessary from my schedule. I hate feeling frazzled. I feel like I am busy spinning my wheels, but guilt because I am not doing anything well. Thanks for your post, your words of encouragement, and helping me feel like I am not alone.
    Blessings, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do much much less and I feel overwhelmed most of the time. I hope you have been able to take that time that we all so desperately need to be refreshed and renewed in the Lord and in our spirits.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete