Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Happy Child

Adam told me the other day, "Mom, I'm not a big boy. I am a happy child".

He is a happy boy.

This is his self portrait from preschool.

He loves to play with Sam and dress himself.

His family tree after all these years.
This is my favorite.

He is learning to write his name.

Back in the fall of 2008 I used to hear a song by Brandon Heath called "Give me Your Eyes".
Some of the words are:
Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken hearted
The one's that are far beyond my reach
Give me your love for the one's forgotten
Give me your eyes so I can see.

I remember asking God to just let me see, to show me how my family looks on the other side of adopting Adam. Lord, please show me the future. During this time we were still divided about whether we should pursue his adoption. God never did show me the future. He was looking for our trust.

Well as our faithful God always does he reminded me of this prayer and
how he has answered it.
As I pulled into carpool line to pick up the little guys from preschool this song was again playing on my radio. As I looked out the side window of my car I saw Adam's huge smile and his crooked walk coming down the side walk. As I jumped out to help him get in he was yelling "Mama, Mama, I made something for you!" He couldn't wait to pull out his latest preschool masterpiece to show me.

I truly felt like God was reminding me "This is what you were wanting to see and all I wanted was for you to trust me."

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.




<span class=

4 comments:

  1. you always do encourage me! thank you my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I needed to hear this encouragement today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed to read that this morning! I was feeling overcome last night by fears of the unknown with our son waiting in China. It's such a leap of faith, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete