Saturday, February 12, 2011

So hard!

Angie and Emily together for a moment.


Emily last summer


Emily at 18 months

I had a rough week last week. Greg was out of town for 6 days.

In that time I made a trip to the emergency room, a trip to urgent care,
and had three doctors appointments.

There's more that went on but most of you will understand that that is enough to make for a rough week.

A dear friend of mine sent me an email in which she said

Consider it joy...Consider it joy...Consider it joy

I think she really...really...really wanted me to get it.

This is the verse she was referring to

James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trails of many kinds,
because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

It was great timing for me and now I can pass it on to my friend.

She is walking a much harder road than me.

She had hoped, and prayed and dreamed that Emily would be her daughter.

While in the Dominican Republic for a missions trip she made a trip to Emily's orphanage.

She had to see her, hold her, touch her, love her.

And then leave her there.

How do you consider this joy?

My friend has a deep faith and is walking this road with God.

It is so so hard!

This story is not over.

There is a referral expected soon for my friend. It will not be Emily for many reasons that are too complicated to try to explain. The bottom line is she is not available for international adoption. Angie will always be a part of Emily's life. She will make trips back to the orphanage to bring food and other supplies as she did this time.

We wait with anticipation for how God will finish this story.


Ni Hao Yall



<span class=

2 comments:

  1. My heart is heavy for your friend and Emily. And yet I have to trust that God's hand is in the details...
    I'll pray for them both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our prayers are with Angie and her family. Sometimes things are so difficult to understand. The most beautiful part is how Emily touched Angie's life and how Angie obviously touched Emily's life, maybe giving little Emily the hope that she needed in order to persevere. Angie just may have been the angel that Emily needed at that very moment in her life:)

    ReplyDelete