Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Snapshot-The Phone Call

There is only one reason I would run to get my camera
and snap pictures of my son on the phone.

It seemed like a very important phone call with all the "Yes mams" he was saying.

What could make him so happy?

And scratch his head in disbelief?

He had to call his dad and share the news.

Dad was very happy and came right home.

He had to go change his shirt.

Greg and I both cried!

It was the news we had prayed for...

hoped for...

and knew our son had dreamed about for a long time.

He had to tell Emily.

She also was so happy.


Then he called his grandparents

He nervously played with the spices as the news settled in.

We are all so proud!

There are only a few people who have their childhood dreams come true.

A few more phone calls.

Out to dinner to celebrate!

Yes the appointment to the US Air Force Academy came through.
That was our Senator who called to tell him the news.

He has always wanted to serve his country.

He has always wanted to attend the USAFA!

Congratulations Stephen!
We are all so proud of you!

We love you!


Ni Hao Yall


Adam continues to do well. Today is "Panthers Day". If you coming to the hospital today you must be in Panther attire. You will be featured on the blog tomorrow. Just keeping it fun for my boy. If you are just here for Sunday Snapshot I should let you know Adam had MACE procedure and hypospadias repair surgery last Friday.



<span class=

9 comments:

  1. Wow! That's awesome! Congrats to Stephen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! How exciting!!! GO Falcons!
    My hubby and I had our first date at a AF vs Navy football game! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my GOOD GOLLY! That is HUGE news to share! Many many congrats to him and your family!
    However, in my home, I refuse to let the children grow up so they will never leave me.
    nancy-of the crazy 8
    PS- what a handsome young man to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephen- We are so proud of you! What a wonderful blessing! Congratulations...your hard work has paid off:) You are loved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Congratulations! I'm sure you are so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Stephen! Congratulations!!!!
    "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord..."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! We are so excited for Stephen and you all! We know you are so very very proud of him!!! Congratulations!!! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to Stephen!!!! We lived in Colorado for 9 years, 7 of them near Colorado Springs. You have every right to be very, very proud! Also glad to hear that Adam is doing well. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete