Sunday, April 17, 2011

A trip for him or me?



A couple of Sundays ago I posted about the "Phone Call".
Check out that post so you will know where this post picks up the saga of choosing a college.

It has not been an easy decision.

Although it seemed like a dream come true when the call finally came the doubts set in.

We had to take a trip.

So Greg and Stephen and I set off to Florida, the University of to be exact, last weekend.


He had so many things on his mind and was so conflicted.

Greg and I made it clear where we stood and felt like the USAFA
was the best choice and not to mention his childhood dream.

Greg and I both felt any other choice would be a mistake.

However while we were touring I really liked the campus and
could see why my son wanted to go here.

We were able to attend the Orange and Blue spring game.

We felt the Gator spirit!

We had a great time.

I was beginning to think this trip was more to give me peace
about his decision than it was for Stephen.

He was accepted into the College of Engineering.

He would still be going Air Force as he received an ROTC scholarship.

He also received an academic scholarship.

He is still committed to serve his country either way he goes.

The UF campus is beautiful!

He knows we love and support him no matter what!

So is he a Gator?

Or is he a Falcon?

We really liked it here.

Well everything except the live Gators
that live right here on campus.
See him in the pond.
Yikes!

So what is his decision?

Check back tomorrow and I will let you know.


Ni Hao Yall



so loved


Click the link above to see how you can get a very
cool t-shirt and help bring home two very cute babies.


<span class=

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. How hard to have to watch your baby make such a huge decision! I hope he has a wonderful time wherever he goes : ) I can't believe they have live gators! EEEK! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear the ending to this story...but the beginning of his future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That college decision can be so hard--for everyone! I'm glad you had a good trip, even if it was to UF, says this AU/FSU fan. ;) Seems like you've got good options. Hopefully everyone is at peace with the decision that has been made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just popping over from Sunday Snapshot....You must be so proud!

    As a Florida alum, I have to say that UF is a great choice. Great education, great price....great Gator football games. ;)

    Really though. I couldn't have been happier at UF....not that I had other options to consider, like appointments to the USAFA. But UF is a great school. Lots to offer....and I know a great campus-based church. ;)

    I'll be praying for Stephen has he prepares for this next big step in life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The suspense is killing me! Refresh, Refresh, Refresh...until tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete