Friday, June 24, 2011

A dream delayed


It has been a heartbreaking week at our home.

I have debated on how or if to put this out
but I know there are many who already know
and other's would question what happened.

We had a small going away party for Stephen,
three friends and his grandparents.

It was a perfect evening!

Later he and his friends were wrestling and
Stephen was injured.

We put him on the plane the next morning.

When he arrived at the Academy he was taken in and
spent about half a day there.

He was pulled out for a medical exam because of his injury.
It was obvious because of his black eye.
He hit the coffe table with his face.

A CT scan revealed a fracture in his face.

He was not allowed to stay.

He will have to reapply next year.

Right now this is what he wants to do because
it has been his childhood dream.

Dreams are not easily given up on.

Is it possible to receive two appointments?

Only God knows for sure.

For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord.
Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11



You know a dream is like a river,
Ever changing as it flows,
and the dreamer is just a vessel,
that must follow where it goes.

Trying to learn from what's behind you,
and never knowing what's in store.
Makes each day a constant battle,
just to stay between the shores.

And I will sail my vessel,
till the river runs dry.
Like a bird upon the wind,
these waters are my sky.
I'll never reach my destination
If I never try,
So I will sail my vessel,
till the river runs dry!

Too many times we stand aside,
and let the water slip away.
And what we put off till tomorrow,
has now become today.
So don't you sit upon the shore line,
and say you're satisfied.
Choose the chance to rapids,
and dare to dance the tides.

There is bound to be rough waters,
and I know I'll take some falls,
with the good Lord as my captain,
I can make it through them all!

- Garth Brooks





<span class=

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jennifer--that is heartbreaking news but such a clear sign that there must be a reason no matter how strange. I feel much the same about my knee injury. Stephen's going to need lots of hugs and support from his Mommy. Those wings just aren't ready to fly yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry..as a mom my heart breaks for him and for you as this was his dream.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry - my heart is breaking for him. When God closes one door he will open another... I will be praying for him as he navigates through what's next in his life....

    ReplyDelete