Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Tagged!

My friend Lisa from Everything Murphy has tagged me.
Thank you Lisa!


The rules of the award: 1) thank the person who gave you this award. 2) list 7 things people may not know about you. 3) pass it along to a few other bloggers.

Are there 7 things people don't know about me?

I am an open book.

Let's see.....

1. I do not like to be cold! Never snow skied in my life and probably never will. I am a beach girl at heart. I grew up in Virginia Beach and if Greg and I have chance to getaway he knows to take me somewhere warm. We live close to the Mountains and I really enjoy going there too. Just not when it's cold. Most of my readers already knew that.

2.Greg and I lost our first baby when I was three months pregnant. I look forward to meeting my baby someday. The experience really defined our marriage. It happened during our first year of marriage and really drew us together. I don't talk about it much. I mean it is not lunch date conversation you know. Some of you might not have known.

3. I like to swim upstream. If I feel strongly about something I will not go along with the crowd or the standard. One example is I did not keep my children's Chinese name. This is a topic people feel passionately about mostly in favor of keeping it. I am passionate about my reasons not to keep them thus I swim against the crowd. Most of you know this too:).

4.Confession: I love reality TV. I know it is bad but I am so fascinated by human behavior. I just can't believe the way people act when they know for sure it is being recorded and going to be on TV. TLC is the worst but some of my favorites are Say Yes to the Dress and of course the Duggars at 19 Kids and Counting. Don't even get me started on the Bachelor and don't act like you don't watch it too. Glad I got that off my chest! Only those very close to me knew that.

5. I am a doer. I think of an idea or project to be done and it is usually done right away. I am not one to let the grass grow under my feet. I have a hard time sitting still. This works in my favor being mom to 5. If you have spent anytime with me you would say "Amen" to that one.

6. Humor is a big part of my life. Greg is a naturally funny person and humor has been how we deal with most of life's tough problems. It sounds bad but really it is good. It can take even the most stressful thing and lighten it up. Sometimes it is sarcastic humor. Greg and I try just to keep this between us although our children definitely have had a front row seat to it. But not out of our little family of seven. Sometimes it's a chuckle and roll your eyes at the weak attempt at humor and other times is is sore stomach muscles from too much laughing kind of humor. If you have ever spent time with Greg you know what I am talking about.

7.I have competed in 5 sprint Triathlons. What? Yes, me. It was several years ago before Samantha came home. Greg was training for an Ironman triathlon race. I told him that as soon as I finished nursing Audrey Kate I was going to start training too. I am kind of competitive that way with Greg. There is not much he has done that I have not attempted. I have even been mountain biking once and surfing once (long ago!). Anyway, I had to sign up for an adult swim class at the Y and learn to swim. After my first race at Lake Norman I was hooked. I did that race three times and one in Rock Hill twice. Two of my friends are doing one this summer and I think I will be joining them.

So there they are. Seven things, you already knew, never knew, wish you didn't know or wish you could forget about me.

I can't wait to read about my friends....

Angie at Our Treasure Chest- She hasn't posted in a while... I can't imagine why?
And I would Tag Joy at Generations of Faithfulness but she does not blog any more. :(
So I am tagging her friend Dana at The Most Important Things.

Have fun girls! Don't forget rule #1.


<span class=

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing such amazing stuff, Jennifer! I just knew you were award-worthy!!!

    Love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete