Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Happy Early Mother's Day (to me)!

This morning I woke up to an  unexpected surprise.

 There was a single rose on the counter for me with a hand written note
taped to the vase.
It was from C.J. , my almost 18 year old son.


"Dear Mom. I appreciate everything you do for me and I 
wouldn't be where I am now without you.
I love you , C.J."

I'll never forget it!


Stephen, our 19 year old son got his first job and earned his first paycheck.
It is a mother's day miracle.
Okay maybe not a miracle, but for sure something we prayed for.


Last night Adam said "Mom, do you know what the best day of my life was?"

I thought for sure it would have to do with the Panthers

He said "It was when I met you in China."

I hugged him and told him it was the best day of my life too.

I just happen to be wearing the necklace I bought after I saw his face for the first time.

I told him about how before he even knew we existed I saw his face on the 
computer screen and fell in love.

I bought a necklace that said "At one glance I love you with a thousand hearts."

I told Adam how I wore that necklace believing I had seen the face of my son and that one day he would come home to us.

And he did.

The Smith boys have raised the bar high for Mother's Day.

Looking forward to what my girls have in store.

I use this blog as a family scrapbook. These are the moments I don't want to forget.

One day in the future we will look back and have a record of all those little things that touch our lives.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment