Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Perspective-


The other day I was at W@lmart.
Adam was with me. 
He was in his chair following behind me but being a typical boy.
He was touching everything, running his chair into things and popping wheelies.

A women came up and said. That looks like fun to be in that chair.

I stopped for a moment.

First thought- "Really, it looks like fun to be in a wheel chair? Do you know he couldn't just pop out of it whenever he feels like it? That he struggles to move around. That he has spent hours working with a therapist just to take some small steps and your saying this is fun."

It was my first thought.

Thankfully not my last.

Just look at his face.


Adam is fun. He makes his life fun. He does have fun in his chair.

From Adam's point of view popping wheelies and running his chair into things is really fun.

The woman was right.

It is all in how you look at it.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment