Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Day Two

We were all up and ready early on day two. 
We were anxious to get to the reason we had come...
the children!

We had learned the night before that Timothy had passed away.

He had hydrocephalus and had developed an infection that took his life.
We were so sad.

We also learned that Lily was sick and in the hospital.

We asked to go see her before we headed out to Langfang.


So we loaded in the van and headed to the hospital in Beijing to see this beautiful little girl.


We took turns loving her.


She has a bacterial meningitis.


We laid hands on her right there with the doctors nurses and other families in the room.

I had the most special privilege of praying over her.

I thanked God for her life and asked him to heal her.

I thanked Him that He allowed our group to know about her.

I prayed for a forever family for her.


Here she is with her name sake Lily, director of Harmony House.


We headed to Langfang. I loved being in the place Adam spent so much time.


We had hot pot for lunch.

It was very authentic.

Hot pot is not my favorite.


Then at last we were in Harmony House!
This is me with my name sake little Jennifer.
I found out in China that she was indeed named after me.
They had my city listed on the website as Fayetteville instead of Charlotte.
I have never had a child named after me before so she is special to me.
She also has a family coming for her.
Yeah!


We had to get a picture of the lovely slippers the nannies made us wear.


This little boy stole my heart. I can still see his face in my mind as he was looking into my eyes.
It seems he is not a favorite of the nannies. I think maybe they were just scared to pick him up because of his shunts. He recently had surgery. They did not want me to pick him up either. 
But there he is in my arms.
I am a rule breaker.
Especially when the rule makes no sense at all.
He is our sponsor baby so I could not wait to love on him.


Here Angie is loving on Christy, named after Christy from CA who was on our trip.
She is adorable and is looking for a forever family.



And sweet Blossom with her crown and necklace Jessica brought for her.
She is a sweet heart. Sarabeth and Blossom bonded and Sarabeth had her laughing like crazy.
I know one of us took their picture together but I can't find mine.


Here is little Linda with her name sake Linda from CA. 
She is sharing a book that little Linda's forever family sent to her.
She is being adopted soon.
In the corner is Patti with her new love Kirsten.


This is Gary with Anne.
Gary is deaf and mute.
There is so much going on inside Gary that he just can't express. 
He is almost 14 and we learned while in China that he may have a family.
Please pray that this will work out for him.
He was so sweet!



He loved the Carolina Panther's shirt I brought for him.
He also loved the crafts.


He also really really loved Miss Kim.
He used sign language to ask if Kim was his.
He thought Kim might be his forever mother.
Gary will be so happy when he learns it is finally his turn for a forever family.


Jennifer was so quiet and gentle.
She will be such a blessing to her new family.


This little guy is so new to Harmony House that he does not have a name.
They have been calling him Stinker but our group named him "The Mayor".
He was tiny but holding court with who ever would listen.
He talked 90 miles an hour.
All of it in Mandarin so we had no idea what he was saying but that did not slow him down.
He was adorable and needs a forever family.



This is Brian. He has down syndrome.
He was super sweet but would get into your bag when you weren't looking. Jessica's jewelry went missing and she found her wedding band in the puzzles.
We were told to take our jewelry off because some of the kids might take it.
The next day Brian also took Angie's purse that had her passports in it.
She discovered it missing at lunch.
She left lunch and went back to HH and found it!
Thank goodness.

We ended the day taking the kids from HH to dinner at KFC.

They were so happy and excited.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hi, my name is Pam and I enjoyed seeing your video and now reading your blog. I am Blossoms mom. I love the crown and necklace you brought for her. Thank you so much for spending time with her. I hope to travel with in the next 4 -6 weeks to pick Blossom up and bring her home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am thrilled to see your blog with photos of your trip to Harmony House! We've sponsored children over the years from there, and many are now a part of a forever family! I was especially happy to see photos of Gary...we had hopes of adopting him, and are praying daily for a family for him. I know it must happen very soon. He looks so sweet!

    ReplyDelete