Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Friday

This morning my friend Sarabeth sent a link to this Blog Post

It is a great post and I hope you take the time to read it.

It reminded me of how I felt this morning as I was reading the same account in Luke.

I stopped on this verse.

Luke 22:63-65
Now the men who were holding Jesus in custody were mocking him as they beat him. They also blindfolded him and kept asking him, "Prophesy! Who is it that struck you?"
And they said many other things against him, blaspheming him.

He was blindfolded and beaten and mocked!

After I read the post above and had time to reflect on what I read I wondered what side I would have been on.

I know my Savior well now. I have walked with Him for a while and have a deep relationship with Him.

But there was a time when I didn't.

Would I have recognized Him?

It is a question I don't have to ponder long.

I am certain I have accused others wrongly, thinking their intentions were something other than genuine.

We know for sure juries have wrongly convicted and even sentenced to death innocent people.

The answer could be yes... I might not have recognized Jesus as the Messiah!

Which is why Easter is so important.

He is risen!

I am forgiven!

Blessings on this Good Friday!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment