Sunday, November 10, 2013

Maverick Update


I also love playing around with my camera. 
These are two of my favorite subjects.


I think Mav looks like a painting here.


He hasn't been doing well this week.


High fever, labored breathing, swollen abdomen, bloody nose


We thought it was time to say goodbye.

We took AK up to say goodbye one morning before school.

So hard!


But the vet has advised us that it is not time yet.
He has responded to some of the medication and is not in any discomfort.

We still don't have the answers we would like to have.

Five vets, a trip to one of our country's top vet schools, biopsies, more blood panels and now blood work on it's way to Michigan to check for mineral deficiencies.

If it seems like a lot that is because it is a lot!!!

We have not yet given up on him.

Most doctors say he is a mystery.

No concrete diagnosis or treatment.

He is a big, sweet mystery.

But we love him anyway!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're doing everything you can for him. He's very handsome. I had to say goodbye to my mustang and my Arab last year and it was incredibly difficult, but I know I did everything I could for them. I hope Maverick has many more years with you. It's clear that you love him very much and he's blessed to have you fighting for him. My mustang was a rescue and I was able to give her a forever home and give her everything I could for the last 5.5 years of her life. It means a lot when you are able to do that for a horse. They really do appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete